Saturday, March 24, 2007

Metro Access

I am disabled; I use an electric wheelchair. I often use a service we have in the DC area called Metro Access. It's a service that takes disabled people all over the region. I personally use it to get to work everyday. Overall, it's a good service, but it has several problems. The most serious problem is that trips are late too much of the time, and also that the equipment isn't kept in good shape. Back in January, for two weeks straight the battery went dead on the van; the first time we had to wait a half hour in the cold for someone to come and give us a jump. Three weeks ago I was left at work because they had taken my phone number down incorrectly. Many of the drivers blame the dispatch office for scheduling trips very inefficiently. I agree. My gut always tightens a bit when the pickup time rolls around and no van is in sight....

1 comment:

Steve said...

Well, now it's 1/31/0a. Little improvement. Once I hed a 4 hour trip that should have taken 45 minutes !